RFC: KHTML "modular" build

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 23:14:11 BST 2006

Attached is a patch to make khtml build in pieces. It breaks all the
subdirs (but for ecma right now) into static libs and then uses those
to build khtml. I wanted to ask you all whether you thought this was a
good idea.. I mainly did it because I was sick of rebuilding all of
khtml every time I made a small change in my soc project under
ecma/debugger, but I have talked to people who think the A) longer
link times B) reverting to autotools-like behavior here, are unwanted
sideeffects of this change. Anyway, let me know what you all think.

-- Matt