Understanding Konqueror

Eva Brucherseifer eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de
Tue Jan 24 11:54:54 GMT 2006

Hi everybody,

while porting Konq/Embedded to Qt2 we've now did our first steps with
Konqueror code. As expected we now have the first serious non-working stuff.

Now we are trying to get a general overview of the code and to learn where to
look if things doesn't work. We have written together several questions and
we hope you can give us some hints/starting points.

Here are our questions:

- where in konqueror happens the loading of a web url? (the backend?)
- where is the page parsed and where does it decide to branch into html/css/js
code?
- what are the entry points for the various types of page content? (mainly
html, css, js)
- where takes the main rendering place?
- in font.cpp the variable scFont is not set - any idea what could trigger
this? What does usuallly set scFont?
- which of the kdesrc/dropin dirs are most important for displaying web pages,
which ones are less important and usually not used (like e.g. dom)?

Diagrams are appreciated too :-)

In case this information already exists, we are of course sorry to have it
overlooked...

Thanks in advance!
eva

--
Eva Brucherseifer
General Manager

basysKom GmbH
Robert-Bosch-Str. 7 | 64293 Darmstadt | Germany
Tel: +49 6151 3969-961 | Fax: -736 | Mobile: +49 170 5533642
eva.brucherseifer at basyskom.de | www.basyskom.de