khtml/dom compiler warning

André Wöbbeking Woebbeking at onlinehome.de
Sun Jan 22 08:36:51 GMT 2006

Hi,

I just compiled newest KDE 3.5 branch with GCC 4.0.2 and got:

khtml/dom/dom2_events.cpp: In member function 'void DOM::TextEvent::initTextEvent(const DOM::DOMString&, bool, bool, const DOM::AbstractView&, long int, const DOM::DOMString&, long unsigned int, long unsigned int, bool, bool)':
khtml/dom/dom2_events.cpp:546: warning: 'impl' is used uninitialized in this function
khtml/dom/dom2_events.cpp:549: warning: 'impl' is used uninitialized in this function

and this is the code:

        TextEventImpl* impl = static_cast<TextEventImpl*>(impl);
        impl->initTextEvent(typeArg, canBubbleArg, cancelableArg, viewArg, text);
    } else {
        KeyboardEventImpl* impl = static_cast<KeyboardEventImpl*>(impl);

I don't know if  Bla* impl = impl is valid code but at least GCC 4 seems
to don't like it.

Cheers,
André

P.S.: Please CC me.