Project: Konqueror/Embedded for Qtopia

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Thu Jan 12 17:22:28 GMT 2006

Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am glad to announce, that basysKom (my company) concluded a contract to port
> the current version of Konqueror/Embedded based on KDE 3.5 to Qtopia PDA
> Edition 2.2 (based on Qt 2.3.12) and to add a customized GUI with a number of
> additional features.
>
> The whole source - also the new GUI - will be placed under a free licenses
> (LGPL and GPL) and we want to develop in close cooperation with the KDE
> community. The goal is, to not develop a dead end product, but to make sure
> the efforts will be reused.
>
> Here are the features we are going to implement until end of March are the
> following:

FYI There already is an older version of konqe working for Qtopia and
friends.. ported long ago and in a land far far away..

http://devel-home.kde.org/~hausmann/snapshots/Attic/

> - Port to Qt2 & Qtopia, as necessary fix font handling, encoding detection,
> alpha blending for Qt2
> - GUI framework for the special display design (640x240, landscape)
> - persistent cookies, accept all cookies automatically
> - tab-browsing (as multi-windows) and popup management

There is a tabs patch I can email you for the above source code of old
konqe. :)

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Trolltech Qtopia Community Manager