KHTML, KJS Unfrozen -- details

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 11 19:28:17 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 11:57:41AM -0500, George Staikos wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 10:55, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> > > I think it'd be nice if Javascripts executed incrementally (like on a
> > > QTimer(0) ).
> >
> > This idea is proposed many times. And it would also help when js has to
> > waits for modal dialogs (eg. window.alert()) or async dcop/liveconnect
> > calls.
>
>    Rich is right, that would be horribly slow.

Benchmarks :)? Seriously how can you be so sure? Most noticable js speed
ups imho is maksim's work on caching, which is outside of the kjs
engine.

> > But whatever cool things we imagine, we're at the mercy of WebCore now
> > ..
>
>   That's not true.  We're free to do whatever we want.  We're just
> synchronized with them at this time, and only in KJS.

No I didn't get the impression you were working at Steve J. gun point,
but keeping sync with webcore. So rewriting it as above is not an option
(a challange though). Note I wasn't criticising this, but stating that
webcore & kjs walk along now.

Koos