Konq crash backtraces

Dik Takken D.H.J.Takken at phys.uu.nl
Fri Jan 6 23:52:48 GMT 2006

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> Can you check if anything was logged to ~/.xsession-errors or similar
> output venue?

I did look, but did not see any messages about a crashing app or something
similar. The file ~/.xsession-errors is a real jungle when all of KDE is
dumping all of its garbage in it, I might have missed it.

> Distributions are shipping glibc with some malloc checks, which cause it
> to abort the program when a double-free or corruption occurs, but without
> raising SIGABRT.

Done a bit of searching, and it seems that Gentoo has malloc checking
enabled by default. There is no use flag for turning it off, at least not
in the regular glibc ebuilds.

> There must be a way of making glibc raise the signal,
> but I don't know how. It should be enabled by default in KDE code so that
> the crash handler can catch them.

Applications can turn malloc checking off?