Disabling kjs and kjava ?

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 1 15:50:29 GMT 2006

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 11:30:48PM +0800, Mr E_T wrote:
> On Sunday 01 January 2006 22:52, you wrote:
[..]
> > See java/kjavadownloader.cpp
> I have never had kio work properly with java.

What do you mean by this? For me, more works with using kio then when
disabling it. As mentioned, w/o using kio, session cookies don't work
and proxies have issues as well.
Please if you have problems, be concrete or file a bug report. Just
saying 'oh it never worked properly for me', is not really constructive.

> > > Its really become a pain in the proverbial.
> >
> > You can always learn to program yourself of course ..
> Hacking others programs is always a pain to me.
>
> I would like the option to
> 1. disable the use of kjava totally.

You can disable java AFAIK.

> 2. Have Complete control of the options passed to java.

Well that would be a nice option indeed. Maybe add a wish for it at
bugs.kde.org?

> At the moment - kjava is used as a default and there is no choice of other
> options such as -D...proxy etc.

You can add this at 'additional java arguments', I use it all the time
for debug reasons (-Dkjas.debug=1)

> I actually wanted to backtrack the options to find the particular problem one.
> But I didnt particularly want to go through a build/hack/build/hack cycle.

Yes but this is probably not so hard to solve I guess ..

Koos