kdom and khtml integration

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Tue Feb 28 23:50:37 GMT 2006

On Feb 28, 2006, at 4:46 AM, Frans Englich wrote:

> Here's the advantages I see:
>
> * You don't have to memorize or learn where classes hides. Class
> Foo is in
> Foo.h. Simple. This is practical for new-comers, and also when not
> having
> worked on a particular area for a while.

This is the main reason we want to do it for WebCore. Newcomers (and
also sometimes old hands) have to spend time finding what file
contains a given class. One file per class (with exceptions for
simple helper classes) is more approachable. The "hackability factor"
as hyatt puts it is one of the greatest strengths of the khtml code
base and we want to see it improved even further.

> * The Apple folks are adopting KDOM's directory/file structure, I
> think Hyatt
> once said on IRC. (lurkers can deny/confirm)

Yes, we are slowly going to one file per class and adopting a similar
directory scheme.

Regards,
Maciej