AW: kdom and khtml integration

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Feb 28 15:44:40 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 15:24, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> >And in fact, kdelibs requires libxml2 anyway - so where's your point?
>
> To build, not to run.

What is the alternative solution? To write our own XML parser? I think it
would be pretty much impossible to write one that is just as fast and
regression tested as libxml2. libxml2 is already deployed on practically
every distribution, and used in khelpcenter and Kopete, at least(IIRC).

I agree it is a drawback, but what is the solution that suck less?

Cheers,

		Frans