AW: kdom and khtml integration

Tobias Anton tobias at ke.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Feb 28 14:13:18 GMT 2006

> [...]
> > > * Multiple parsing backends (ie. libxml2)
> >
> > We need just one that works well, and hopefully wouldn't link to
multiple
> > XML libraries at once.
> There's no linking involved at all (at least not in libkhtml.la).
> The parsing backends are KDOM::Parser objects dynamically loaded
> via KTrader/KLibLoader.

... what provides an argument against incorporating KDOM into KHTML. The
fact that run-time dependencies to external libraries are added makes it
more difficult to use KHTML in konqueror embedded, because konqueror
embedded is supposed to run from a single binary. I'm not too deep into the
details, but will there also be a solution for that, e.g. to stick to an
internal default parser that doesn't require KLibLoader?