making fallback access keys configurable

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Tue Feb 28 09:03:53 GMT 2006

Hi Aaron!

Thanks for the patch. Making the additional accesskeys configurable is a good
idea.

Hidden configuration options are of course problematic from a usability point
of few, on the other hand the Ctrl key was a choice with usability problems
itself.

For accessibility, the webpage-defined shortcuts are necessary (they are part
of standards), and the fallback shortcuts are a nice addition,

Defaulting to only show the webpage-defined accesskeys seems like an
acceptable compromise to me. I am cc'ing the kde-hci list the usability team
can comment on it.

For KDE 4, we need to generally improve keyboard navigation in KDE, for
example making Plasma fully keyboard accessible, We can then define new
general keyboard shortcuts for KDE that include fallback accesskeys.

Olaf

[ Aaron J. Seigo ]