KHTML, KJS Unfrozen -- details

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Feb 15 07:01:48 GMT 2006

On Feb 14, 2006, at 2:58 PM, David Faure wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 February 2006 10:17, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> We'd like to work together to make the best possible JS engine.
>
> That's good news. Could you incorporate into your tree the "msvc
> patches"
> sent to khtml-devel

I'm a bit confused about the need for MSVC patches. JSC trunk in our
repository builds with MSVC, we know because we are building it
regularly. Can anyone explain why additional patches are needed? Are
you guys up to date with all our build fixes?

> as well as the KJS_VERBOSE patches from me?
> Thanks :)

I would be glad to land KJS_VERBOSE patches. I have one flagged in my
khtml-devel folder. Are there more?

Attaching a patch in http://bugzilla.opendarwin.org and flagging it
"review?" will almost always result in it getting reviewed and landed
within a few days. I'm planning to set up a master bug to track final
merge blockers, with a bug for each I know of, and KJS_VERBOSE is one
of the items on the list (talked to George about it on Monday when he
was in town).

In the medium term I would like to propose something based on the LOG
macro from kxmlcore instead, once we cut out the nonportable bits. It
compiles out completely in release builds and gives you runtime
switchable logging in debug builds (we'd have to test if it slows
things down too much for the code to be runnable). Also messes up the
formatting of the code a bit less.

Regards,
Maciej