Patch for Konqueror: Enable/disable "Middle click on tab to close" graphically

Juan Carlos Torres carlosdgtorres at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 06:42:26 GMT 2006

Greetings!

For quite some time now, Konqueror has had the feature that lets the user
middle-click on a tab to close it, similar to what Firefox and Opera have
been doing. This feature has been left as a hidden setting that requires
users to manually edit konquerorrc. Some users have expressed the desire to
have an easy and graphical means of enabling or disabling this feature.

When I asked in #kde whether such a feature would be included in KDE 3.5.x,
Aaron Seigo encouraged me to write a patch for it (thanks Aaron, for pointing
me to the right file). As I have no programming experience, specially in Qt
or KDE, I thought it would be impossible for me to do it. But it nagged me so
much that I gave in and tried to look into the files. So here is the simple
patch I made for Konqueror.

This is my first ever patch, my first attempt at making one, and my first
attempt at submitting it. So I'm not absolutely sure I did everything
properly. All I know is that it works on the system on which I compiled KDE
3.5.5 from SVN.

Here's a screenshot of how the setting looks like:
http://jucato.org/stuff/kcontrol_konqhtml.png

Regards,

Juan Carlos Torres
--