(OT) Re: Interesting thing with DNS requests

Tim Ri tim-ri at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 10 18:47:39 GMT 2006

On Sunday 10 December 2006 18:54, Martin Konold wrote:
> nscd is well known to conflict with Samba! (I guess that this is the reason
> why it is not installed by default)

Uncertain if this is related, but on my systems nscd unloads itself after a
(very) short time. Starting "nscd --debug" as root reports:

  5066: Reloading "ad.doubleclick.net" in hosts cache!
  nscd: cache.c:335: prune_cache: Assertion `dh->usable' failed.
  Aborted

This appears to be a rather well-known bug, see:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=%23344563
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/glibc/+bug/57214

If I understand correctly, the cause is a corrupted nscd database.