Launching scripts from media:// and such

Ismail Donmez ismail at pardus.org.tr
Sat Dec 9 21:21:23 GMT 2006

09 Ara 2006 Cts 23:16 tarihinde, Thiago Macieira şunları yazmıştı:
> Ismail Donmez wrote:
> >When trying to launch a script from a CDROM double clicking in konqueror
> >brings up kwrite for shell scripts. But if I put the script in $HOME and
> >double click it works fine.
> >
> >Is this intented? Maybe a security measure. Also attached is a patch for
> >shellcmdplugin to be able to run scripts from local kioslaves.
>
> Are you sure your CD is mounted without the "noexec" flag on? What are the
> permissions on the file, on the CD-ROM?

Tried with a usb disk ( I can burn a CD if it'll make difference though I
guess not )

its mounted as,

/dev/sda1 on /media/sda1 type fuseblk
(rw,nosuid,nodev,sync,noatime,allow_other,blksize=512)

[~]> ls -al /media/sda1/run.sh
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cartman root 25 Ara  9 12:53 /media/sda1/run.sh

clicking run.sh opens kwrite.

Regards,
ismail