Interesting thing with DNS requests

Rigo Wenning rigo at w3.org
Thu Dec 7 11:21:07 GMT 2006

On Thursday 07 December 2006 07:08, Fredrik Johansson wrote:

> Is there an option to turn IPv6 of, if so where?
echo "KDE_NO_IPV6=true" >>/etc/environment

I would really like to know the cause of it, but have no time to
experiment myself.

> Also if that is the case shouldn't it try IPv6 once and if it fails
> go for plain IP for future requests?

I suffered from this a lot recently, so I turned off IPv6 when
travelling.

And I agree with Ken that this is a serious bug if you think that nokia
is using KTHML on mobile phones. There the amount of traffic will make
a big difference. I also remember the discussions in P3P where we
fought for milliseconds. So just saying, it works on my 4GHz machine is
not really helpful.

Best,

Rigo