Konqueror bugs day (repost?)

Philip Rodrigues phil at kde.org
Sun Aug 27 22:26:09 BST 2006

Hi,
(Apologies if this already made it to the list - I can't see it in the
archives)
It was recently pointed out on kde-devel that there are a lot of UNCONFIRMED
konqueror bugs in bugzilla, which may well be obsolete/duplicate/... and
therefore easy to triage. So I suggested a "bugs day" to get some triagers
together and do some cleaning. There's enough interest to make it worthwhile
doing, and, if you think it's a good idea, I'll advertise more widely, and
hopefully get a good number of people to help.

So, would you (the developers) find this useful?

If so, I have some questions (and if not, you can stop reading here :-):

What version of KDE would you say is the minimum required? Obviously newer is
better, but I suppose useful work can be done with any 3.5 version. Is that
right?

Do you have any particular procedures for dealing with bugs? I'm thinking of
things like closing with "feedback timeout", or how to deal with bugs that
no-one but the reporter can reproduce. If so, are they documented somewhere,
so that we can follow them? If not, how about the following:

1. "Feedback timeout"

If there's not a response to a question from triagers or developers within a
month, and no-one can reproduce the problem, the bug is closed, with a
message like "If you have the answer(s) to the question(s) in comment #n,
please reopen the bug report."

2. Bugs reported for old versions of KDE

If reported for KDE <3.4, and not confirmed by anyone else, the bug is closed
with a message like "if you can reproduce the problem with 3.5, please
reopen."

Hopefully that's a reasonable starting point for discussion.
Comments/questions/suggestions are welcome,

Regards,
Philip