Launching Konqueror via Command Line Arguments

Werner lists at mollentze.co.za
Tue Aug 1 21:07:15 BST 2006

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 August 2006 12:27, Werner wrote:
>
>> I have run into questions when launching Konqueror via the command line
>> on Kubuntu Dapper. (My Kubuntu has been restored to the default
>> konqueror.rc file, it's not using the stripped-down konq offered by
>> Kubuntu by default).
>>
>> Running
>>   konqueror --profiles
>> Lists the name of a profile I have created, named 'xxx'.
>>

> apparently this is a limitation of the konq profiles. hiding and showing
> menubars and toolbars only seems to be possible from the main konquerorrc,
> and instead of "Main Window Settings" it's "KonqMainWindow"

That's interesting, thanks for the input. That explains a lot of my
experiences when playing with profiles on the CL.

That should also explain why the following line in the xxx profile file
does not work too:

[Profile]
XMLUIFile=xxx.rc

It seems not possible to use another .rc (even if explicitly defined in
a profile file) from a profile file.

However, as you have explained, hiding toolbars in Konq and saving the
profile under any name causes all profiles to lose their toolbars -
since they all point to konqueror.rc in their XMLUIFile key?

There must be a way around this, to call Konq from the command line
without toolbars or a menubar or even tabs. It should be a simple
exercise, but only the 'profile' argument seems to be able to handle
such a task. There is no other way as far as I can see (via CL arguments).

Any ideas would be appreciated.