Launching Konqueror via Command Line Arguments

Werner lists at mollentze.co.za
Tue Aug 1 19:27:21 BST 2006

Hi,

I have run into questions when launching Konqueror via the command line
on Kubuntu Dapper. (My Kubuntu has been restored to the default
konqueror.rc file, it's not using the stripped-down konq offered by
Kubuntu by default).

Running
  konqueror --profiles
Lists the name of a profile I have created, named 'xxx'.

The content of the 'xxx' profile is:

--- 8< Begin Snippet ---

[Main Window Settings]
MenuBar=Disabled

[Main Window Settings Toolbar Speech Toolbar]
Hidden=true
IconText=IconOnly
Index=4

[Main Window Settings Toolbar bookmarkToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconText=IconTextRight
Index=3

[Main Window Settings Toolbar extraToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconText=IconOnly
Index=1

[Main Window Settings Toolbar locationToolBar]
Hidden=true
IconText=IconOnly
Index=2

[Main Window Settings Toolbar mainToolBar]
Hidden=true
Index=0

[Profile]
FullScreen=true
Name=xxx
RootItem=Tabs0
Tabs0_Children=ViewT0
Tabs0_activeChildIndex=0
ViewT0_LinkedView=false
ViewT0_LockedLocation=false
ViewT0_PassiveMode=false
ViewT0_ServiceName=konq_aboutpage
ViewT0_ServiceType=KonqAboutPage
ViewT0_ToggleView=false
ViewT0_URL=about:konqueror
XMLUIFile=konqueror.rc

--- 8< End Snippet ---

As you can gather by the profile's content, it should launch konqueror
in a type of kiosk-mode, without any toolbars (all hidden) and without a
menubar. However, konqueror shows up looking like the webbrowsing
profile, with all the toolbars and even the menubar.

I am probably missing something, but what? Is this a Kubuntu-related issue?

Thank you for your time and effort,
Werner