Setting Konqueror Window Size via DCOP

Dave Feustel dfeustel at verizon.net
Mon Sep 19 15:59:51 BST 2005

On Monday 19 September 2005 09:15, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Dave Feustel wrote:
> >Is it possible to use DCOP to send commands to Konqueror that will
> >set the window parameters (size, position)? Or can this only be done
> >via Javascript?
>
> Yes, it should be possible. The konqueror-mainwindow#* interfaces on the
> konqueror-* instances have methods resize and move.

Yes. I just found the way to do this about a half-hour ago playing around first
with dcop and then kdcop. It took me a while because I was watching the
wrong konqueror window for effects to appear! :-)

I got interested in resizing windows since I visit the same websites regularly,
and some sites display properly only with a very wide window, while others
use only a narrow window. I would like to open these websites automatically
with a window of the needed size so I don't have to keep manually resizing
the konqueror window.

I really think a mailing list devoted to dcop would be useful in propagating the
use of this powerful interface to kde applications. A dcop mailing list would
probably also encourage developers to incorporate dcop into applications
they develop.
--
Tired of having to defend against Malware?
You know: trojans, viruses, SPYWARE, ADWARE,