Bug in kjas, behaviour of kjas vs plain java

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 19 07:57:09 BST 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 02:47:12AM +0200, Stefan BrĂ¼ns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a difference of behaviour between kjas using kio and plain java.
>
> Although it is stated that the openConnection method of an
> java.net.URLConnection does not fetch any data from a server, it is also
> stated [1] that "Operations that depend on being connected, like
> getContentLength, will implicitly perform the connection, if necessary."
>
> I have attached a patch that will change this.

Please don't use zip for diff files. Better to attach the plain text in
case the patch is small, like this time. That saves a reviewer to unzip
and open the file (and in case of a big patch, please consider
gzip/bzip2 because it's just a single file)

> Tested with http://www.petzall.se/daap/ (which now works), and many applets on
> sun's page (which worked already before).

Looks ok, but why did you cache the exceptions? Also the check for
'connected' is already done in the base class of KIOHttpConnection. Hmm,
should we also connect when connected+disconnected?

Thanks,