konqueror and davfs2

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Sep 17 16:46:46 BST 2005

Guido Guenther wrote:
>Hi,
>When using konqueror on a davfs share (mounted via davfs2, not using the
>webdav:// kio slave) it takes a long time until a directories content is
>being displayed since konqueror/kio_file stat every file and reads the
>beginning of every file to determine it's mime type.
>Is there an easy way to turn off this behaviour in konqueror and simply
>display the directory listing

As far as I know, no.

file:/// is supposed to be local and fast. Applications are designed with
that in mind and changing that concept could be dangerous.

If you need to access DAV, I recommend using the webdav:// handler, which
will use the MIME type provided by the server and do the right thing.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.