"Instant adblock" rendering problem

Andreas Kling kling at impul.se
Thu Sep 15 16:17:02 BST 2005

Hi all,

a while back I added functionality to the KHTML ad filter that removes newly
blocked items (e.g via image/iframe context menus) without needing a page
reload.

I used a rather naive NodeImpl::detach() on the blocked nodes (see
KHTMLPart::runAdFilter()) and it seems that didn't quite do the trick.

Though it works most of the time, the blocked images sometimes just pop right
back in place when I hit a mouse button (inside the KHTMLView, that is)

Example: the logo image on http://www.kde.org/, try blocking it from the right
click menu and then clicking somewhere on the page.

Any thoughts on what to do about this?

Thanks,
Andreas