KIO and KFM and copy/move/delete operations

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Oct 17 12:46:56 BST 2005

Am Montag, 17. Oktober 2005 12:43 schrieb David Faure:
> That way it also works with FTP, SMB, etc. as source. I understand that
> this might be a rare case for kio_svn, but I don't want to design something
> in libkio that breaks network transparency, it would kind of defeat the
> point :)
Perhaps a meta data entry "isPartOfCopy" is enough? But I guess, it would
slow it down too much than a specific command to signal the global actions.
But then again, you don't want to make it specific to copies, but also e.g.
signal that you want to do a recursive file listing - the protocol might have
more clever ways to achieve that if it knows fronthand.

Greetings, Stephan