PATCH: webshortcuts

Robin Rosenberg robin.rosenberg at dewire.com
Fri Oct 14 22:50:18 BST 2005

tisdagen den 11 oktober 2005 12.07 skrev Luís Pedro Coelho:
> On Sunday 09 October 2005 15:00, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > I'd say:
> > 1) make space available _now_ for all shortcuts
> >
> > 2) drop the colon in KDE 4
>
> The problem is that webshorts aren't just available in konqueror, but also
> in mini-cli where the ":" (or anyother separator) can be used to signal
> that this is a shortcut. For example there is a difference between
>
> ALT+F2
> php:str_replace
>
> and
>
> ALT+F2
> php str_replace

ALT+F2 is the /only place/ I use web shortcuts. It is extremely handy and I
miss it everytime I'm on the "other" OS. I've only tried it in konquerors
address field to see if works since ALT-F4 ALT-F2 is so much easier than
finding a webbrowser, manage to find the mouse, then move the pointer to the
address bar and press the left mouse button....

> Of course, we can change minicli to give priority to shortcuts.....
:) it appears rm was not a shortcut on this machine :(

When I want to google somehing I always to ALT+F2 gg:whatever. I also run
commands from the same place so making space the universal separator is just
impossible.

I could accept space being on option in konquerors' address field since it
does not run commands, but not in run-command. Any reason we couldn't have it
both ways?

-- robin