Animated gif problem in konqueror

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Tue Oct 11 10:53:29 BST 2005

Konqueror 3.5 beta (and Konqueror 3.4.2 as well) seem to have problems when
changing the image source from javascript. I think it to be some kind of
initialization bug.

Here are a couple of pages that show the problem:

http://www.cirulla.net/listing/html-tests/gif-bug-test2.html

http://www.cirulla.net/listing/html-tests/gif-bug-test1.html

To see the problem, (on the first link), click on the first "here": an
animation should be loaded (so far everything works as expected).

Now click on the second "here": an animation showing a red message should be
started, but it isn't. This is the problem.

Now click on the third "here": you will see a flash of the red animation,
and then a yellow message on a black oval.

Now click again on the first link: the animation is shown correctly.

Now click again on the second link: this animation too is shown correctly.

From now on, the page reacts normally.

I managed to test this page on Firefox 1.0.6, and on Konqueror 3.1.4, and
they both behave as expected.

So it seems something went wrong between konqueror 3.1 and konqueror 3.4.

Does any of the above ring a bell to you? Where should I look for the bug?
khtml/rendering or khtml/ecma may be relevant.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro //
              \\ //