Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon Nov 28 19:21:32 GMT 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 18:41, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> my statement that it's used by rather few people is based partly on
> observing people using konqueror (most of the time i see it used is when
> i'm at KDE hacker events ;) but mostly based on that toolbar button usage
> study a did some time ago where that button didn't even register on the
> numbers.

Oh, I think your figures are right with the current GUI. That's why I
mentioned a usability study on the use case rather than the implementation.
Of course that would send us to the drawing board to fix the implementation
(and no, I have no suitable ideas at hand), but as I said, I see lots of
value in the idea, just not the way it's done now[1].

[1] Well, the current implementation is great and a lifesaver once you know
it. I wouldn't call it self-explanatory though ;)

--
Martijn