Konqueror crash - urgent, kind of ... ;)

Michael Reiher michael.reiher at gmx.de
Wed Nov 23 14:11:31 GMT 2005

Hi

Today I noticed one of my session management restored konqueor instances
reproduceibly crashing, during session restoration. I loaded all contained
pages manually, but no crash. The only thing special I noted were empty
www.opensuse.org pages (seems they have a server problem or something). So
I've put the session config of the opensuse window (see below) into the
session config of a new user, and also there it crashed. I exchanged the
opensuse URLs by different ones, and it didn't crash anymore. So the problem
seems to be connected to the empty pages opensuse currently sends out. I
attached a backtrace, but without debug info so probably not very helpful.
Perhaps someone could have a look at that, or quickly get a meaningful
backtrace - before they repair their site? ;)

I use 3.5 branch, updated and compiled yesterday. First I thought that the
crash was related to the update, but it doesn't seem like.

Greets Michael

Here is the session config of the guilty window:

[22]
FullScreen=false
RootItem=Tabs0
Tabs0_Children=ViewT0,ViewT1,ViewT2,ViewT3
Tabs0_activeChildIndex=3
ViewT0_LinkedView=false
ViewT0_LockedLocation=false
ViewT0_PassiveMode=false
ViewT0_ServiceName=khtml
ViewT0_ServiceType=text/html
ViewT0_ToggleView=false
ViewT0_URL=http://www.opensuse.org/Talk:Download#Is_there_a_download_version_with_proprietary_components.3F
ViewT1_LinkedView=false
ViewT1_LockedLocation=false
ViewT1_PassiveMode=false
ViewT1_ServiceName=khtml
ViewT1_ServiceType=text/html
ViewT1_ToggleView=false
ViewT1_URL=http://www.opensuse.org/Users_FAQ
ViewT2_LinkedView=false
ViewT2_LockedLocation=false
ViewT2_PassiveMode=false
ViewT2_ServiceName=khtml
ViewT2_ServiceType=text/html
ViewT2_ToggleView=false
ViewT2_URL=http://www.opensuse.org/Download
ViewT3_LinkedView=false
ViewT3_LockedLocation=false
ViewT3_PassiveMode=false
ViewT3_ServiceName=khtml
ViewT3_ServiceType=text/html
ViewT3_ToggleView=false
ViewT3_URL=http://www.opensuse.org/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs#Manually_build_a_DVD_from_the_CD-Set
XMLUIFile=konqueror.rc

[WindowProperties22]
ClassName=KonqMainWindow
Height 864=734
ObjectName=konqueror-mainwindow#3
Width 1152=806

[konqueror-mainwindow#3 Toolbar style]
Index=1
NewLine=false
Offset=-6

[konqueror-mainwindow#3 bookmarkToolBar Toolbar style]
IconSize=16
IconText=IconTextRight
Index=3
NewLine=false
Offset=-1

[konqueror-mainwindow#3 extraToolBar Toolbar style]
IconText=IconOnly
Index=0
NewLine=true
Offset=-1

[konqueror-mainwindow#3 locationToolBar Toolbar style]
IconSize=16
IconText=IconOnly
Index=2
Offset=-2