getAttribute() always non-null

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sun Nov 20 21:39:19 GMT 2005

Dnia niedziela, 20 listopada 2005 21:44, Maksim Orlovich napisaƂ:
> Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Last time I used it was 1.0 and everything worked, now it is in
> > version 1.1 and one thing doesn't work: advance to next slide with
> > left mouse button click.
>
> Actually, more than that, there are at least 3 bugs I am aware of (CSS
> not applying, mouse events over text nodes, and this one); they are all
> in my worklist.

Noticed two with CSS (formatting of slide header and applying slideshow
at the start) but as clear case of bug didn't bother with posting
to this list about that one. But if you want to know another one check
behavior of bullets in list with incremental highlighting - try both to
move forward and backward through the list starting from neighbouring
slides (slide in question is number 9).

> > I tracked it down to:
> >
> > target.getAttribute('href') != null
> >
> > Looks like output from getAttribute() is always non-null breaking S5.
>
> <snip> The reason KHTML does that is that the DOM specification requires
> returning empty strings, not null.

I've had strange feeling about that.

m.