Disabling kjs and kjava ?

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 8 11:12:25 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 11:35:25AM +0800, Mr E_T wrote:
> Is it possible to disable kjs and kjava and use appletviewer and java directly ?

See option konqueror and kjava is a kpart (called kjas btw) so you can use
it outside konqueror.

> I am behind a firewall and need to use jdk-1.5 because of the https proxy capability.
> But the kjava is interfering with the java protocols.

Try enabling the 'Use KIO' option and then kjas will not use the java
protocols anymore but redirect via KIO (only the http/https/ftp/..
protocols not direct socket connections). Make sure the javavm is
restarted when changing options (eg. try restarting konqueror)

> If I run javaws from firefox the site works perfectly. - but it does not add all the extra
> kde stuff.

Firefox adding kde stuff?

> It is beginning to get to the point where I want to get rid of konqueror and use firefox
> instead.

Thanks for letting us know :-(

Koos