Content fallback patch (acid2)

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Sun May 29 20:11:43 BST 2005

On Sunday 29 May 2005 20:35, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 08:08:31PM +0200, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

> > > Will this not hide error pages in all cases (ie. opening
> > > http://www.notthere.org)?
> >
> > No, the error page is an error with a HTML error message a server has
> > sent us. Your case is a real error and works as usual.
>
> Damn, bad example then. Normally one would like to see the error page,
> no? Well maybe not for sub frames/images/objects .. if
> d->m_frame->m_frame is 0L for the top frame, then forget my remarks.

Well, it works by calling renderAlternative and after that checking if the
part is completed. If there is no alternative that could be loaded it is not
completed, and the error-page is displayed.

With the examples I've tried the error-page displays correctly when no
alternative content is present. I am just no fully sure of the possible
consequences of the patch.

`Allan