don't ask again for "save password?" dialog

J. Greenlees jaqui at telus.net
Tue May 24 16:45:32 BST 2005

George Staikos wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 May 2005 02:06, Mark Rose wrote:
>
>>I don't remember it always being there, at least on an old Mandrake
>>release. Then again, Mandrake has been known to tinker with things...
>

>   First the wizard asks you if you want to use it.  If you say yes there, then
> KControl->Security&Privacy->KDE Wallet has a checkbox right at the top.
> Finally Wallet Manager->Settings has a shortcut to it.

but with newer versions of mandrake [mandriva now] kwallet has 2
settings, low security or higher security, if you choose the latter,
then kwallet wants password every time it's called for the first time.
mandrake's system kills kwallet after 5 minutes so if you don't need to
enter a password again before then it is called for the first time the
next time you have a login screen show.

user choice, secure or not. mandrake recommends the secure mode.
but thier config makes it an anoyance for the user with having to type
passwords, when the idea was to not have to.

Jaqui