(not) Adding a statusbar widget

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu May 19 22:50:33 BST 2005

On Thursday 19 May 2005 23:32, Koos Vriezen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if from a kpart embedded in khtml, it would be possible
> to add a widget to konqueror's statusbar.
> For what I tried, everything seems to be ok(*), only the widget doesn't
> show up. It does work however, if the part is embeded by konqueror
> itself. Is this how it suppose to be?

KHTMLPart doesn't care for the StatusbarExtension of its child parts...
I think it should look for one, and call setStatusBar in it, to propagate the
statusbar that was set by konqueror into KHTMLPart's StatusbarExtension.
Hopefully konq will set it before KHTMLPart gets child parts...

> I get a valid statusbar
> pointer (according the code this is from the toplevel window)
... which is wrong for konqueror, since in konqueror there's a statusbar per view
(think of splitted views), instead of the kmainwindow-constructed statusbar.