[testcase] HTMLCollectionImpl::item broken?

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Mon May 2 16:17:56 BST 2005

While trying to get my new employer's several intranet-sites working in Konq I
encountered a problem with item().

David was kind enough to debug the issue for me, the testcase is up at
http://kdab.net/~dfaure/spaze.html and pasted below for convenience:

  <script>
    d=document.getElementById('myDiv');
    d.innerText = document.all.item('myDiv').tagName;
  </script>

As KJS is code that I hardly know, below is the IRC log, David suspect this is
a bug for Koos:

[17:07] <dfaure> shows HTML instead of DIV
[17:07] <spaze> dfaure: it should show DIV instead?
[17:07] <dfaure> must be a bug for Koos.
[17:08] <dfaure> his dom node cache must have broken HTMLCollectionImpl::item
[17:09] <dfaure> http://kdab.net/~dfaure/spaze.html
[17:10] <spaze> dfaure: does this baby work with the current document.all
behaviour or does it require the hack to unhide it?
[17:11] <dfaure> I guess it requires the hack (or a IE UA)

Note the last two lines: it relies on document.all working properly, which it
doesn't do at the moment, see the other thread. Might be a testcase for Allan
to fix that part again ;-)

Anyway, David asked me to report here and so I do. Suggestions and patches
more than welcome :)

--
Martijn