disable excessive animation in tabs?

airplays55 at yahoo.com airplays55 at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 01:45:17 BST 2005

Under konqueror 3.3.2 (and kde 3.3.2), I notice often
when I open an extra tab in konqueror, if there are
already some tabs open in konqueror, there is
excessive annimation as the new tab quickly moves to
the right and left a couple times, apparently as it
gets resized.  I noticed that the "X" button on the
far right (that closes the current tab) briefly
disappears, which seems to be the cause for the extra
animation.

Its kinda irritating to see the animation move left
then right then the same thing again, whereas earlier
konqueror versions only did one smooth motion, as the
tabs were all resized to make room for the new tab.

Is there a way to disable that?