multiline widget is terribly slow

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 27 19:19:01 BST 2005

Hi,

this starts to really bug me. The multiline widget in konqueror seems to
be really slow, typing text, removing text (via backspace) and selecting
via mouse. I think it's related to spell checking (or syntax checking)
capability of the widget, but I haven't found a way to disable these
things for the widget used in HTML forms in konqueror.

So is there a way to tell the multiline edit widget to be "dumb" and
not do any checking, so that displaying the text (and removing) is much
more responsive?

Andreas

--
Never look up when dragons fly overhead.