XUL Support in Konqueror

Allan Sandfeld Jensen kde at carewolf.com
Mon Jun 27 11:31:16 BST 2005

On Monday 27 June 2005 00:30, Philip Scott wrote:
> - Embedding directly into khtml
>
>   pros:	tight integration
> 	probably quickest
>   cons:	full XUL applications will need the complete khtml part
> 	khtml bloat
> 	harder to implement
>
> Any other suggestions or ideas? Pros or cons?? Complete redesigns? :) Speak
> now or forever hold your peace ;)

This is the only real option. You just have to take care in your
implementation of to keep your implementation clean and isolated in KHTML.

It might be easier and more elegant to do in KDOM and KHTML2. When you know
what the implementation needs you can discuss it on ksvg-devel.

Btw. WebCore has a thing call Flex-boxes that I have heard referred to as an
implementation of the XUL box-model, so you might also need that at some
point.

`Allan