Recent(?) improvements in cache

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Sun Jun 19 12:30:20 BST 2005

Hello,

I updated and recompiled KDE yesterday and noticed very nice thing. No
longer messing with cache settings to view pages opened when
Konqueror/KDE were closing.

Unfortunately it applies only to static pages with addresses like:

http://www.cs-net.gr/komboloi/kp9e.htm

With "default" pages like

http://dot.kde.org

I still see: Unknown server dot.kde.org .

The most annoying part is fact that these pages **ARE** in cache.

My cache settings: Use cache -> Sync cache

Still, pages with completely weird addresses like:

http://www.pagelinx.com/cgi-shopper/search.cgi/worryknot/ezshopper?user_id=id&1_option=3&1=worry&database=dbase1.exm&template=template.htm&output_number=15&records_in_row=5

Konqueror saves in cache only up to ? (in this case) which
understandably isn't enough to make 100% perfect viewing of such pages
from cache (although random six char sequence at the end of file name
gives unique stamp).

Real question: should I file bug report or is this something in the works?

m.
Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net