kfmclient exec "binding" question

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Jun 14 23:45:26 BST 2005

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 00:32, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 June 2005 20:37, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > kfmclient exec test.sh text/plain
> > runs test.sh while I expected it being treated as a text file and opend
> > in Kate/KWrite
>
> Right, it forces the mimetype to be text/plain, and the file is opened as
> plain text. What's the problem? This doesn't execute the script, so it's no
> violation of the shell_access restriction.

That's what I expected as well.
But it _does_ execute it.

I tested with a simple script like this
#!/bin/bash
echo $(date) >> /tmp/test

If I may make a guess the problem is that the first offer returned by the
trader query is not an application,

I attached the output of ktradertest text/plain of my normal installation
(3.3.2 from Debian unstable packages)

The one from my SVN trunk installation looks almost identical.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>