Honouring KDE proxy settings outside KDE

Tim Brown timb at machine.org.uk
Sun Jun 12 22:04:27 BST 2005

Hi all,

Although I don't subscribe to the kfm-devel list at the current time, I
have a query I was hoping one of the Konqueror developers may be able to
help me with.

I'm developing a KDE service menu for del.icio.us
(http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=18909) which uses a perl
script to add pages to a users del.icio.us bookmarks.

My query is how to make my perl script honour the users KDE proxy
settings.  Is there someway I can get the current settings via the command
line using dcop or similar?  Another option would, I assume be to parse
the kioslaverc config file, but this leaves me in trouble if the user has
selected anything other than ProxyType=1.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Tim
--