keditbookmarks crash, KParts related

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 10 17:02:25 BST 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 05:23:55PM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> For KDE4 I plan to remove this magic from KParts, it's just too much trouble
> (like in this case; it's really unexpected that s_part gets deleted on you).

Yes, but isn't that asking for trouble? I thought the meta idea was that
the widget and part should be together destroyed. Given that the widget
and part may have different parents, this change could mean that the
widget still lives and the part is dead or visa versa, no? So one needs
two quardedptr instead of one?

Koos