Fwd: Re: selectTextAsHTML()

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Mon Jun 6 13:45:14 BST 2005

On Saturday 04 June 2005 11:22, John Tapsell wrote:
> Notice that the tags are lowercase, but the meta and br tags are
> still not closed.  BTW, google doesn't claim this is xhtml.

I think you are madly confused about the html vs xhtml.
khtml is a html compat mode on this page. Therefore
1) the tags won't be closed (it's html),
2) tags will be uppercased (it's html compat mode)

I'm not sure how many scripts depend on the uppercased html tags. The
code is in ::tagName() experiment with it and see what breaks if you
change it. Either way I don't see how's that a problem, if you can't
handle uppercase tags in your apps/scripts lowercase them on your side.

Zack

--
Cult: (n) a small, unpopular religion.
Religion: (n) a large, popular cult.