Strange behavior of differnt views in Konqueror

Florian Roth florian at synatic.net
Thu Jul 7 20:51:45 BST 2005

Hi,

I am writing a Konqueror sidebar plugin and I recognized some strange behavior
of the different file views.
As you might know there are the functions of a sidebar plugin which are called
in a certain case:
1. handleURL(const KURL (&url) is called when an URL is opened

2. handlePreview(const KFileItemList &items) is called when an file in a
fileview is selected

In a icon view if you double click a directory to open it these methods are
called in this order:
1. handlePreview for the directory to open
2. handlePreview with an empty list (as if noting was selected)
3. openURL for the directory to open

the second step is absolute unnecessary in my oppinion.

If it's a list view, the selection handling is OK, but the DCOP actions of
konqueror are not yet updated.
So if I select an file, the action settings before the selection are still
active. This causes some wierd shift because the action settings of the
previous selected item is active. I didn't investigate this further but I
think this is because handePreview/handleURL is called before the DCOP
actions are updates. In a icon view there are no problems with the DCOP
actions.

Regards

Florian