KHTML Plugins

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Tue Jul 5 17:26:27 BST 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 03:42:43PM +0200, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Montag, 4. Juli 2005 21:15 schrieb Koos Vriezen:
> > Btw, reloading a part is hardly any faster than only calling openURL on
> > an existing one. So why do you want it at the first place?
>
> ??? Do you mean "reloading [...] is hardly any *slower* [...]? If yes, I can

Yes sorry, I thought mistake was obvious

> tell you that reloading a part takes ages on my system compared against
> opening an url in an existing instance (esp. if the ioslave is already
> running).

Sounds a bit odd that creating an IO-slave takes the biggest time slice
of opening an URL. Then either you talk about a local url, have a very fast
network link, have a really slow computer, the document is very small or
we should start profiling this interface right away, no?

Koos