KHTML Plugins

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 4 22:37:36 BST 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 10:23:30PM +0200, Florian Roth wrote:
> Am Montag 04 Juli 2005 21:15 schrieb Koos Vriezen:
[..]
> > Btw, reloading a part is hardly any faster than only calling openURL on
> > an existing one. So why do you want it at the first place?
>
> It's nothing that I absolutly want or something like that. It's just a thing a
> found out and thought the behavior could be changed. If only openURL() would
> be called and you could keep track of the opened files within the plugin
> itself what could be usefull in some cases. OK, I have no idea what cases
> this might be, but it's an idea :)

If this is useful for whatever plugin, no doubt that plugin already has
something for this already like accepting playlist, javascript bindings etc.

> On the other side this probably might cause security problems if it the plugin
> is not reloaded. One could force a mimetype to keep the plugin loaded and
> store data within the plugin which could be used at another place.

KHTML does some checks if its allowed to pass a certain url for a plugin
given its document url. Other than that, its up to the plugin author to
keep it secure. Eg. a movie player can be passed a safe url, but if
that's a playlist then the items should be checked by the plugin itself.

Koos