site specific referrer

Cristian Boya de Groot cristianbdg at telefonica.net
Sat Jul 2 14:49:44 BST 2005

I've been looking all over the kio_http/khtml/konqueror etc. code to find a
way to set a site specific (fake) Referer, just like the site specific
User-Agents. I think I've understood from the code that the kio_http has a
useragent "metaData" as well as a "referer" metaData, but I can't seem to
find where in the code the User-Agent gets read from the config-file
(kio_httprc) and set as metaData for the slave. I would like to add the same
thing for the Referer.

What I did find out was that if I add a section with a referrer value to the
kio_httprc file, like this (I tested with my own server):

[127.0.0.1]
referrer=http://www.fake.com/

it doesn't work, BUT if you change the User-Agent in Konqueror it works the
first time you reload the page. After that, the User-Agent remains changed,
but the referer goes back to the real one.

It looks like it should be very trivial to add site-specific Referers (no GUI,
just read from kio_httprc), I just need it to work all of the time and not
just when I change the User-Agent.

If anyone could tell me where in the code I should look, and maybe even give
me some pointers as to how to do it (if it's easy to explain) I would be very
grateful. I just can't seem to find it by myself.

Thanks in advance,
Chris