Generated content: counters and quotes

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri Jan 28 23:40:31 GMT 2005

Le jeudi 27 Janvier 2005 21:44, Allan Sandfeld Jensen a écrit :
> Hi everybody
>
> I've attached the current state of my work on generated counters and
> quotes. The quotes are currently deactivated, and there seems to still be
> troubles with dynamic changes(by ecma-script), but all the regular
> counter() stuff works.
> TODO:
>  - Fix the dynamic changes
>  - Port lists to use the new counters for more flexibility and dynamic
> updates - Clean up the the small bitrot in quotes and reactivate them
>
> Since I am going away on holiday tomorrow I will not be able to finish it
> before the second of February. I hope you can review it while I am gone

this looks just great...
Only thing I find questionable in your patch is the added stuff in
RenderObject, especially the added pointer  to a cache struct.
IMO, it should be in at least RenderBox to avoid any unnecessary bloat.

Also, "RenderGenerated" is rather confusing... the class is much less generic
than the name would lead one to expect...

> and agree with me that CSS2 support is not a feature but the lack of it a
> bug  :)

Of course!

Have a nice holiday time,
Germain