Popup menu MIME types

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Jan 28 10:30:45 GMT 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 08:20, Jonathan Marten wrote:
> The patch to konq_mainwindow.cc looks extensive, but it is mostly just moving
> code around.  Building the "Preview" menu is delayed until the popup menu has
> been built, so that the same MIME type can be used to select appropriate
> previewers.

Wouldn't it be simpler to determine the mimetype in KHTMLPart, before emitting popupMenu?
After all, this is where args.serviceType = QString::fromLatin1( "text/html" ); is hardcoded,
and where it should be set correctly. Hacking konq to do a better guess sounds wrong to me.
Wouldn't this also solve your "it has to be fixed in two places" problem?