Exception thrown in KHTMLPart::selection()

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Thu Jan 13 18:10:19 GMT 2005

> > In the designmode_branch, there's already code to do this. You may lift
> > it and use it for your own purposes. It's this piece of code in
> > xml/dom_position.cpp:

Note that if this can be exposed to the JS API (via
document.selection.createRange() ), it would make Konqueror compatible with
many IE-compatible scripts that depend on being able to discover the start
and end DOM node of the selection. And since the W3C doesn't describe
anything related to selection, it doesn't violate the spec.

Mozilla has a similar construct, but it is all undocumented API. They return
some selection object that looks to me to be the same as a Range, why they
just didn't use a range, I don't know.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.