PATCH - Add offset* methods to HTMLElement API

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Wed Jan 12 00:05:15 GMT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2005 00:23 schrieb Jason Keirstead:
> Attached is a patch to add these offset* accessors ot the public API, as
> suggested by David.
>
> I marked all the methods as @internal and labelled them as IE extentions,
> as I saw other methods were.

As Harri already pointed out, they're not internal. Put in the front line
instead:

Not part of the official DOM.

> OK to commit?

Not yet. For each public DOM-method there must be an implementation in the
respective implementation, i. e.:

DOM::Node::offsetTop -> DOM::NodeImpl::offsetTop -> (whatever)

And make them all return long in the interface (regardless of the
implementation).

Otherwise, the orthogonality of the interface is destroyed within khtml.

> I would like this before 3.4 so I can use these methods
> elsewhere (Kopete).

I'd like to have these, too.

mfg
 Leo